Tutorial: Steven Alter. The Work System Perspective
June 14, 2023 14:00 15:30 Room 9
This tutorial explains the most updated version of work system perspective, which extends work system theory (WST) and related ideas about the work system method (WSM). The tutorial covers the following aspects of the work system perspective:
- Overview and nuances of the ideas in the work system framework and work system life cycle model.
- Relevance to sociotechnical systems and totally automated systems
- Analysis and design based on those ideas
- Theories and frameworks that extend those ideas to address topics such as projects, service systems, workarounds, compliance and noncompliance, system interactions, facets of work, smartness of systems and devices, and an agent view of information systems.
- Challenges in the continuing evolution of the work system perspective.